This is a brief follow-up to the earlier (in January – already!) email about our next CSI/AGCommons sponsored meeting, the 2010 Africa Agriculture GIS Week (AAGW). Most importantly, the date and location have been set!
- Location: Nairobi, Kenya (exact venue not still under negotiation, likely ILRI or ICRAF. Yes, we too are disappointed we didn’t make Bamako. Let’s get the funding to do that next time!)
- Dates: 8-13 June 2010 (MARK ON YOUR CALENDAR NOW!)
- Draft Schedule
- Day 1 (8 June, Tue): Business meetings for CSI and AGCommons (independently and jointly) (perhaps half day special mini-symposia)
- Day 2,3 (Wed, Thu): Presentation sessions (Centers, AGCommons, external contributions from the region)
- Day 4 (Fri): Training (topics TBA, but including ArcGIS Server)
- Day 5 (Sat): Africa WhereCamp 2.0 (details TBA)
- Day 6 (Sun): BarCamp (details TBA)
- Content Committee: Glenn, Sibiry, Laban, Enrica, Laban, Jubal & Stan (overall program and set themes for contributed sessions)
Details, including venue and budget support, are still being finalized – we’ll keep you posted. Any and all ideas for program, logistics, recreation.. gratefully received.
Again, self-sponsorship for all or part of your participation should be your goal, but we will do all we can to top up where essential for Centre CSI reps.
Many thanks to Francesca, Ria and Laban who have started shouldering the logistical burden, soon to be helped by a contact at our chosen venue.
Stan (& Enrica)
PS. The World Cup starts on June 11th and I will be pre-selling 2010 World Cup Champions (England) tee-shirts. Order now to avoid disappointment.